The Vet Tech Institute in Pittsburgh, PA was founded in 1958. It also has 7 other locations throughout the U.S. What’s great about this, is that all 7 locations share their teaching methods and what works from a curriculum perspective. In the end, students receive a much more focused education that is proven to work.
Here are a few other facts about the Pittsburgh location:
- attracted students from 25 other states
- 94% of graduates have been placed in a job
- 92% graduated within the normal length of the program (much higher than most colleges)
Vet Tech Institute credits the success of high graduation rates to their faculty, hands-on curriculum and other accelerated programs.
Graduates will be prepared to assist veterinarians to do the follow:
- Fill medications and maintain drug inventory.
- Monitor an animals recover after surgery.
- Prepare animals and assist in surgery.
- Perform injections
Basic requirements for admissions are:
- graduate from high school, private school, or have a GED
- ACT/SAT scores are helpful but not required
The school even allows you to bring pets with you!